Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life as a Medical Technologist

Um, I just thought about it I have never written about what I do 36-40 hrs a week. I currently serve at a local hospital here in Phoenix that is apart of Banner Health System. I usually work twelve hour shifts and occassionally half of shift which are six hours. I am a Generalist here in the main Laboratory where I am trained to run the Chemistry, Blood Bank, Hematology/Coagulation, Microbiology departments. It is a very interesting job and can be very stress full. But, clearly I don't want to do it for the rest of my life. A Clinical laboratory scientists, also known as medical technologists, are essential members of the health care team. As a clinical laboratory scientist,I perform behind-the-scenes laboratory tests that physicians rely on to diagnose and treat patients. My daily activities may range from confirming a case of diabetes or strep throat to detecting an early case of leukemia.Having to provide these results I and I am sure other CLS experience the distance in the feild from actually patient care. I understand that I must produce quality results to affect a life but the up close and personal experience with the patient is lacking. I sometimes believe that I am more of a up close and personal type, but clearly the Lord has just where He want me. So that's me and my life a a Clinical Laboratory scientist.

3 comments:

  1. I got what you mean , much obliged for posting .Woh I am glad to discover this site through google. vaginal mesh complications atlanta ga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found your blog as I am in school for MLT and i am thinking of going further into the field. I've been told to change to nursing or in the future try pharmacy school. I would love your opinion as well as insight about the CLS field. I just want to make sure i'm making the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic posting! Lots of useful information and inspiration, both of which we all need!Relay appreciate your work. medical

    ReplyDelete