Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Expectation for your Life


This book was great! Bruchko by Bruce Olson. A friend of mine recommended this book to me last week on the way to the gym. I brought it home and thought I'll get to that a little later. So I finished the book that I was currently reading and the I began this one. Just a brief overview:Bruce Olson a nineteen year old young man. Set sail to impact a tribe in South America. He faced disease, terror, loneliness, kidnapping and torture. But what he experience has has a major impact on the missions world. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down. The main reason was the main character walked in faith time after time. I wanted to continuously see how he was able to make it through trial after trial. Hint:Obeying the Lord was his secret. There where many times he wanted to get give up but he pressed on. That what I needed to here. So though this book was a true story based on events that occurred 40 years ago, its still applicable today. I must tell you of one of the latter chapters that caught my attention the most. It was a discussion based on Philippians. One Character asked the other" Is Jesus Christ the expectation for you in your life? Really? Just as it did the character it had the same effect on me. It stop me short....and caused me to ponder, and reconsider some of my expectations!

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by to say hello, and to welcome you to the blog-o-sphere! I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and reading more about your adventures! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete