Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 walking like I'm not a slave to sin

That's been ringing in my ear since the begining of the year I asked my husband what cleaver sayings does he think people have coined going into this new year. He wasn't to sure. So I shared with him the one I was thinking about. He said okay...
So I thought futher into that and thought "what does it mean"?

Romans 6:22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.

Titus 3:1-7 Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed,
2to malign no one,to be peaceable,gentle,showing every consideration for all men.
3For we also once were foolish ourselves,disobedient, (deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
4But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
5He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
6whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7so that being justified by His grace we would be madeheirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Not that this isn't the heart desire of a professing Christian. For me it's goosing out of me at this point in my life. Why? I am not exactly sure but it just is comparitive to the picture of hungering and thirsting after righteousness. Sometimes my eyes gaze away from the Lamb and I'm not as thirsty. My heart is currently being pricked about practical godly living. To think and then act in a manner that pleases the Father, continuously. So enough words. I'm trusting the word of God to teach me the Holy Spirit to prompt me and silly me to Obey.

2010 walking like I'm not a slave to sin

No comments:

Post a Comment