Friday, July 17, 2009

Jesus and Jesus Alone

I love You, I love You, I love You Lord today. You paid the price for me way back on Calvary. That's why I praise you I lift you up and I magnify Your name. Oh how my heart is filled with praise. My heart, my mind, my Soul belongs to You.....This song reminds me of the closeness of Jesus and how He and He alone is all my inner most being should long to embrace. Today I just thought about the faultiness of man and how the Lord Jesus is immutable. He is the only one that's there always the word of God says He sticks closer than a brother.Proverbs 18:24 A man of too many friends comes to ruin,But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Often times I depend my joy upon the status of my friends and family. As that song came to my mind I was reminded of the deepness of the verse.. My heart my mind my soul belongs to You. That is to the Lord Jesus. So the joy sang in that song is the same joy that should reign in my heart as my days are a going. Instead of the hurt and bitterness of those around me. For because of what Jesus did on my behalf why should I have a consistent glow for Him and intern for others. No matter the circumstance.Another example that comes to mind is like on Wednesday night at the DWYL concert,I was willing to praise the Lord in the sweltering heat. Nothing could spoil the joy of worshipping Jesus. Not even the sweat that weighed me down.So I must remember what belongs to Jesus...my Heart, Mind and Soul. I gotta give Him everything

1 comment: