Friday, July 3, 2009

Thinking on the night shift

When I'm on the night shift I have so much more time to think. Some would say too much time to think (12Hr shift). Many things I ponder are about the Lord. I am often amazed at Him and His Glory. I was thinking tonight just how great He is and how the testimony of His greatness that I can cling to is that from the scriptures and what He has done in my life and what He continues to do. It has to take the saving power of Jesus to keep me. Often I feel the power of sin trying to redeem itself but the Jesus that saved me, defeats the power of sin from reigning. Whereas when I was lost in my trespasses and sin there was no fight. Sunday, I believe it was Sunday PK that's my pastor, he was explaining how God was the Christian's shield.He expanded the definition by saying he is our buckle. You know like a belt buckle that hold your belt that holds your bottoms. He supported it by Scripture's from the Psalms. Like Psalms 3:3,5:12,7:10,18:2,30,35. My favorite being Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. So praise be to God for the life has been created in me and how he continues to be my shield and hold my life together. For He desires to be that to all men. Who reject the ways of the flesh and cling to the ways of Jesus Christ. To think and think about the Lord provokes me praise to Him. For my old thoughts were encompass by ways to praise me. So I'll continue to sit back and ponder the things of God. Until He shows Himself faithful and rises the sun in the morning, also the end of my shift. Think about the things of the Lord..........
Psalms 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

1 comment:

  1. Girl...the LORD has your mind stayed on HIm! I love it..thank you sooo much for the encouragement!
    The LORD is good!

    ReplyDelete